Flo-Tone CR is the NEW and improved version of the Flo-Tone. The Flo-Tone CR has been carefully engineered to achieve additional functionality; firstly being able to fit all pMDIs, secondly ensuring that the guidance whistle will respond at the same flow rate in all pMDIs, Irrespective of their individual resistance. The built-in whistle produced on inhalation provides a clear positive signal to actuate, helping the patient to understand when they have achieved the correct flow rate for successful drug delivery.
Flo-Tone CR helps patients acquire and retain good inhaler technique. Can be used as a mini-spacer; by attaching the device to an inhaler, drug delivery is improved, while unwanted oropharyngeal deposition is reduced. Flo-Tone CR can also be used as a training aid for initial familiarisation with pMDI technique, moving on to the active medication for day-to-day use.
- Guides the patient to correct pMDI use (flow rate, co-ordination and duration)
- Improves inhaler technique
- Fits all pMDIs
- Built-in controlled resistance (CR) removes variability of the pMDIs internal resistance
- Delivers full lung dose and reduces throat impact
- Can be used as a mini-spacer; pMDI attachment
- Can be used as a training aid; for use with a placebo pMDI inhaler
- Incorporates tethered mouthpiece cap